We are grateful for the stewardship of time that our parishioners give as liturgical ministers during weekend Masses.
If you are unavailable to serve on your assigned day, contact [email protected] as soon as possible to arrange a substitute prior to the weekend. Contact the Mass Facilitator for any last minute changes.
Plan to arrive early for Mass and check in with the Mass Facilitator. Substitutes will be found if the assignee has not checked in at least 5 minutes before Mass begins.
- Rosary Leader - Arrive at least 5 minutes before rosary begins
- Mass Facilitator / Sacristan - Arrive at least 45 minutes early
- Ushers - Arrive at least 30 minutes early
- Readers / General Intercessor - Arrive 15 minutes early
- Presenters of Gifts - Arrive 15 minutes early
- Extraordinary Ministers - Arrive 15 minutes early
- Children's Liturgy/Assistant - Arrive 15 minutes early
- Altar Servers - Arrive 15 minutes early
The following guidelines are effective for all liturgical ministers at any Mass.
1. All liturgical ministers should dress appropriately for their ministry.
2. The Celebration of the Eucharist is the high point of each Mass. The members of the parish gather to offer to God the Father the body and blood of his Son, Jesus Christ, in the unity of the Holy Spirit under the leadership of the pastor, appointed by the bishop. The dress of all liturgical ministers involved in any way (facilitator, sacristan, altar servers, readers, general intercessor, Eucharistic ministers, ushers/greeters, liturgical music, etc.) in Mass should reflect the solemnity and the importance of the occasion.
3. Suggested dress for all liturgical ministers includes slacks/blue jeans for men with either a button down or pull over-collared shirt or sweater, socks, and dress or casual shoes. Suggested dress for women includes slacks/blue jeans, a blouse or sweater and skirt, shirt and pants, or dress with dress or casual shoes.
4. When assigned, no liturgical ministers should wear shorts, T-shirts, low-cut dresses/blouses, flip-flops, etc.
5. Because altar servers wear an alb over whatever they wear, they may wear shorts with a t-shirt. However, casual or dress shoes and socks are required; no flip-flops should be worn to function as an altar server at Mass.